On 23 March 2019, the Sunshine Coast Voices of Harmony event will create a ‘global village’ in Cotton Tree Park for the community to connect through song, story, dance, food, traditional games, activities and customs. Harmony Day celebrates Australia’s cultural diversity. It’s about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
Sunshine Coast Council, in partnership with the Sunshine Coast Multicultural Network, is calling for expressions of interest to be a part of this free community celebration.
There are a number of ways you can become involved:
- Workshops – run a workshop in dance, music, cooking, art, craft or something else?
- Story circle – do you have an interesting story to share? Or would you like to discuss contemporary issues and opportunities? Let us know.
- Cultural display – help create a global village and showcase your culture.
- Traditional games –do you have a traditional game you could host and share with the community?
- Market stall – you are welcome to sell art, craft, clothing and jewellery from your culture.
- Voices of Harmony Concert – we are seeking multicultural musicians and dancers and performers.
- Food stalls – we are seeking an array of multicultural cuisines taking people on a cultural feast around the world
- Volunteering – we are seeking volunteers to assisting during the event.
Submit your expression of interest by returning the form below by 5 February to email@example.com or call 5441 8385.
Please note submitting an expression of interest does not mean you have been approved. The Harmony Day committee will select suitable event activities and stalls with consideration to achieving a balanced and diverse program.
Register your Expression of Interest: Final Harmony Day EOI Form 2019