Project Global Citizen Scholarship Program
BECOME A GLOBAL CITIZEN
Scholarship applications are now open for Sunshine Coast students to apply for the 2021 Project Global Citizen Scholarship Program (PGC).
Study Sunshine Coast is offering a limited number of fully subsidised scholarships which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Project Global Citizen Scholars undertake an 8-week blended learning program that radically improves their cultural competency skills for studying, living and working across cultures as a truly global citizen.
- It creates an understanding of culturally-influenced expectations (the “unwritten rules”) of employers and how to bridge the gaps that could limit your ability to survive and thrive in your new host country.
- Over an 8-week program, we empower you with practical cross-cultural skills in relation to your academic, social and safety situation.
- Project Global Citizen is Australia’s first professional development program that focuses exclusively on leveraging culture to optimise your experience in studying, living and working as a truly global citizen.
Project Global Citizen graduates are certified with a micro credential they can use in their CVs and LinkedIn profiles.
The PGC program commences with a 3 hour interactive workshop on Wednesday 10th March 2021 from 4pm to 7pm.
- Be an international or domestic student aged 18 years or above and currently studying in an institution located on the Sunshine Coast.
- Commit to attending a three hour interactive online workshop on Wednesday 10th March 2021 from 4pm to 7pm and completing a series of online activities by Friday 14th May 2021. The dates for the webinars are 25th March, 8th April, 22nd April and 6th May from 6pm to 7pm.
- Undertake a short online Project Global Citizen Cultural Quiz.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN:
Learn more about Sunshine Coast Students who participated in the 2020 PGC Scholarship Program.
Study Sunshine Coast 2020 Project Global Citizen Scholarship Program
As part of the Student Employability Program, Study Sunshine Coast was the first Queensland region to offer students fully funded scholarships to participate in Project Global Citizen (PGC). Thirty five Sunshine Coast students participated in this premium personal and professional development course held from March to May 2020.
The PGC scholarship program is designed for international and domestic students seeking to develop their Cultural Intelligence for studying, living and working across cultures as global citizens.
Participating in the PGC program, the 35 students developed the right cross-cultural skills to be employable in any global organisation around the world. Furthermore scholars are now better positioned to thrive in their studies here in Australia, feeling more integrated into Australian society to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
At the end of the 8-week blended learning course, the students were certified with a micro credential they can now showcase on their CV and LinkedIn profile to verify their Cultural Intelligence and integration into the Australian community.
The qualification also acknowledges their acquisition of specific cross-cultural competencies highly sought after within the professional landscape.
- Read more about the PGC Graduation Event.
- Register here to be waitlisted for future Project Global Citizen programs.
- Learn more about the Study Sunshine Coast Free Student Employability Program. Watch now.
- All free student employability program activity proudly brought to you by Study Sunshine Coast and Study QLD