As the Easter indulgence, wet weather and school holiday chaos comes to an end there’s no better time to put your fitness first and choose to move with Healthy Sunshine Coast’s new line-up of activities. Sunshine Coast Council Community Portfolio Councillor David Law said he was pleased to announce a new Pilates introductory class would be on offer and guided bushwalking was back.
“As we rebuild our program’s schedule this year, Pilates is brand new to this dynamic and evolving program and will be held every Thursday at the YMCA Caloundra,” Cr Law said.
“We’re also pleased to have partnered with Sunshine Coast Bushwalkers Inc. who will host five guided bushwalks from next month so book a walk now as places are limited.
“Now is the ideal time to show your support for these activities which are run in a safe, supportive and friendly environment. It’s through regular participation and community support that these popular programs can continue to thrive.”
From next week (19 April) outdoor fitness in the park will be held on Wednesday mornings at Bokarina Village Park, while free group fitness at TAFE Qld, Mountain Creek, will kick-off again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Recently introduced classes have places available for new participants, including:
Mums with Bubs – Nambour Showgrounds on Tuesday mornings at 9.15am. Indoor/outdoor group fitness with Alison.
- Caloundra in YMCA hall – Tuesdays 11.15am
- Caloundra Indoor Stadium – Wednesdays 8.15am
- Mooloolah at the All in One Fitness gym – Tuesdays 8am
- Yandina Hall with BodyPepper Fitness – Wednesdays 10.15am
- Mapleton at The Range Community Gym – choice of four weekly classes
- Nambour Gym & Fitness Studio– Tuesdays 8.30am
- Beerwah Community Hall with All in One Fitness – Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri at 8am
- NEW – Little Mountain Churches of Christ facility – Tuesdays at 9.15am
- NEW – Coolum Civic Centre – Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 11.30am
For any age and seniors who want a greater challenge, classes are ideal for people returning to regular exercise. Go at your own pace with experienced and supportive instructors.
- Nambour Showgrounds – Tuesday mornings at 10.45am (45 mins) with Alison
- Lake Kawana/Birtinya – Wednesday afternoons at 5.15pm with Sue from Sofit
- FREE Zumba@Kings with Fleur – Wednesdays at 5pm in the Amphitheatre Park
- NEW – Baringa Community Centre – Fridays at 8.15am with Jane from Move for Life
- NEW – Coolum Civic Centre – Fridays 7.30am with Jacinta fro JacFit Training
Be fit and active with water-based exercise. Choice of two locations – Little Mountain and Nambour Aquatic Centres and two class times at each aquatic centre.
For more information visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/healthysunshinecoast