In our final instalment for the year of our interview series with our 2022 Study Sunshine Coast Ambassadors, meet Johannes from Germany. Johannes was studying Business Psychology at the University of the Sunshine Coast this year and said he has had the time of his life studying, living and working on the Sunshine Coast.
What attracted you to choose the Sunshine Coast to live, learn and kick start your future?
- Uni Cooperation Programme
- The incredible combination of city, hinterland and beach
- Chill location, but close to Brisbane and Airports
- The Kangaroos on Campus
How have you found studying on the SC?
- Amazing. Absolute pleasure. I’ve had my calm time in nature to reflect and grow as a person, but also the busy social campus experience, enjoyed the amazing sports programme and have seen so many things I’d never have imagined in Europe
What has been the best part of studying, living and working here on the Sunshine Coast?
- The Balance. Meeting up with friends at the beach for sunrise, going for a swim – then spending the day studying around the campus and capping it off with some social sport is just so rewarding.
What has your experience been finding work on the Sunshine Coast?
- Too easy, there is so many employment opportunities on the Sunshine Coast
What are the main reasons you applied to become a Study Sunshine Coast Student Ambassador?
- I’ve had the time of my life here, so I’m so happy to share it with others who are considering coming here
What would you say to other students thinking about coming to study on the Sunshine Coast?
- You’ll never feel ready, but you should do it anyways! It’s like the dip into cold ocean water first thing in the morning – Daunting at first, but rewarding once you’re in.
What are the people like that you’ve met on the Sunshine Coast?
- Sooo good! The locals are super welcoming & helpful when you arrive, and of my lovely international I’ve met give me a lot of excuses travel the world to go and visit them in the future
Five fast facts about SC:
- What is your favourite outdoor activity on the Sunshine Coast?
- Morning Swims
- Do you have a favourite foodie haunt on the Sunshine Coast?
- Sugar Mama’s Waffles at Moffat Beach
- How do you love spending your free time on the Sunshine Coast?
- Sports & Exploration
- Experience at the top of your Sunshine Coast ‘to do’ list?
- Skydiving over the Sunny Coast and Landing next to Lake Currimundi
- Most surprising thing you have discovered about the Sunshine Coast?
- The sheer amount sights that would be “the place to be” in normal cities, but there’s just so many of them