Being creative is beneficial throughout all stages of life. It can help to relieve stress, boost self-esteem and provide a sense of accomplishment. Simply put, it can make you more awesome! So take the time you have at home to get creative, work on a project you’ve always wanted to and learn new things.
“Creativity is intelligence having fun.” Albert Einstein
STAY home, CONNECT online, CREATE projects
To help keep our community connected while at home, Sunshine Coast Council has developed a range of online programs to educate, inspire and entertain. You can choose from a wide variety of workshops, kids art activities, gardening and permaculture lessons, early literacy, rhyming, science activities, virtual tours, historical stories and more.
If you aren’t already a member of Sunshine Coast Libraries join online and sign in with your library card number to:
- Access thousands of documentaries and movies including quality international content.
- Stream unlimited music and download five tracks per week for free.
- Read a wide range of online magazines including craft, art and home repairs, you have access to all the ideas you need to get creative.
- Learn a new language with LingoLite access phrases and vocabulary in 30 languages using images, text and video.
- Encyclopedias and information opens the world up, search your ancestry, learn about antiques and collectables, discover world culture and explore national and regional cuisines and special occasion foods.
- Plug In, emerging musician program, focuses on creative skills development for emerging musicians within our SEQN region. Register your interest in attending a future Plug In emerging musician program.
- Triple J COVIDeo Challenge is coming to a home near you. Win a private video gig from G Flip, Ruel, Cub Sport or Lime Cordiale.
- Stay at home film competition –its free to enter and there are some prizes up for grabs. The film must be shot either at your home or work space and must be under seven minutes and rated PG and under.
- Draw Every Day with JJK – YouTube channel for New York Times-bestselling author and illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka. Everything from the Punk Farm picture books to the Lunch Lady graphic novels.