From 4pm Sunday 8 August, the 11 Local Government Areas in South East Queensland will come out of lockdown. Some restrictions will continue to apply for the next two weeks, including:
- Mask wearing at all times (including workplaces) except when eating or drinking, or exercising with your household or one other person.
- Schools will reopen, with all staff and high school students wearing masks
- 10 people in your home, including people who live there
- 20 at weddings and funerals
- Businesses and venues with one person per four square metres, or 50 percent capacity with seated, ticket allocations
- Community sport not permitted
- Avoid travelling to regional Queensland
- Visitors allowed to hospitals, aged care and disability accommodation
- Restrictions for Impacted Areas Direction (No. 12) (SEQ eased restrictions Stage 1)
From 4pm AEST Sunday 8 August until 4pm AEST Sunday 22 August the 11 Local Government Areas in South East Queensland will come out of lockdown. Some restrictions will continue to apply for the next two weeks.
The impacted areas of South East Queensland include:
- City of Brisbane
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- City of Gold Coast
- City of Ipswich
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redland City
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
Movement and gathering
If you are currently in an impacted area you can leave your home for any purpose.
A maximum of 10 people are allowed in homes, including the people that live there
Up to 10 people can gather in public spaces
You must wear a face mask in an impacted area.
You must wear a face mask at all times when you are outside your home, including on public transport , when doing non-vigorous exercise, and outdoor workplaces unless:
- you are alone or with the members of your household
- you are alone in your car or with the members of your household
- you are eating or drinking
- you are participating in strenuous exercise
- it is unsafe to wear a mask.
You must wear a face mask at all times when you are indoors, including workplaces and schools, even when social distancing is possible, unless:
- you are at your residence and there is no one else there except people you live with
- you are eating or drinking
- you are alone in an office or meeting room with the door closed
- it is unsafe to wear a mask
- Schools and childcare: Masks must be worn by teachers and staff (all schools), plus all students in high school regardless of their age.
There are some other exceptions to wearing face masks, including for children under 12 (unless they are at school in Grade 7) and people with particular medical conditions or disabilities. If in doubt, wear a face mask.
Restrictions for Impacted Areas Direction (No. 12) (SEQ eased restrictions Stage 1)
More information here.