The Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub connects students and graduates with industry and job opportunities here on the Sunshine Coast. The jobs hub is a joint initiative by Sunshine Coast Council and Study Sunshine Coast as an outcome of the Sunshine Coast Regional Economic Development Strategy. Our mission is to help local businesses and industry grow as well as attract new business and student and graduate talent to our region.
If you are a student who lives local and wants to work local or you are interested in re-locating to the beautiful Sunshine Coast, sign up and become a member today to receive the full benefits of this jobs hub – it’s free!
One of the key features of the Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub is the latest jobs and career opportunities section. Using this feature students and graduates can search for the latest job opportunities through an automated and tailored Sunshine Coast regional job feed. Users can also sign up to automated job alerts and job shortlists. A summary of the key functionality for both student job seekers and industry is outlined below.
For Job Seekers
Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub is a one-stop-portal for employment in the Sunshine Coast region. By becoming a member of Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub you can:
- Find local jobs quickly and easily
- Receive local job alerts
- Create and/or upload your existing resume on the AirCV. This allows you to apply for jobs from any mobile device, anywhere, anytime.
- Keep up to date with further education and training opportunities, job expos, available job search support, local employment trends
- Share jobs and opportunities you find with your friends and family via social media.
For Employers / Businesses
- Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub is a smart, cost free way to recruit quality local staff as well as attracting new workers to our region, using this easy online system.
- Simply upload your job advert onto Sunshine Coast Student Jobs Hub (using easy copy and paste functionality) and your job will be advertised to all jobseekers online, or you can nominate to restrict advertising to local jobseekers for a limited period.
- If you have a shop front or a public noticeboard, you can also benefit from the Job Beacon printing option. A Job Beacon placed in the front window of businesses is a professional looking poster that neatly contains all the information about a job and can be displayed in a prominent position. The Beacon is QR coded so smart phones and other devices can download the full position description for direct application.
The SC Student Jobs Hub also links into the Sunshine Coast Jobs Hub(scjobs.com.au). The new Jobs Hub not only connects job seekers with industry and job opportunities here on the Sunshine Coast, it also acts as a key talent attraction tool. The Hub showcases the region’s diverse job and career opportunities at all levels from casual and part-time work through to entry level, internships and graduate opportunities. The platform also showcases the region’s high value industries.
These high value industries each have a dedicated content page to educate job seekers on the amazing strengths and opportunities available to them in our region, featuring:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Education & Research
With a great range of work and career opportunities, an entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem, a thriving job market, endless coastline and hinterland, and a welcoming community, the Sunshine Coast is home to an amazing and unforgettable work, lifestyle and study experience.