Project Global Citizen Scholars undertake an 8-week blended learning program that radically improves their cultural competency skills for studying, living and working across cultures as a truly global citizen.
- It creates an understanding of culturally-influenced expectations (the “unwritten rules”) of employers and how to bridge the gaps that could limit your ability to survive and thrive in your new host country.
- Over an 8-week program, we empower you with practical cross-cultural skills in relation to your academic, social and safety situation.
- Project Global Citizen is Australia’s first professional development program that focuses exclusively on leveraging culture to optimise your experience in studying, living and working as a truly global citizen.
- Project Global Citizen graduates are certified with a micro credential they can use in their CVs and LinkedIn profiles.
Developing cultural competency has taught me better networking skills across different sectors and in diverse environments.Amanda from Australia. 2021 Project Global Citizen Graduate
The best part of this experience was hearing all of the different cultural perspectives and understanding cultural mindsets of different nationalities in general.Nathan from USA. 2021 Project Global Citizen Graduate
The Study Sunshine Coast Project Global Citizen program was a big plus to my job seeking experience. It made me realise my cultural competence and improve my communication skills.Jade Chen from China. 2020 Project Global Citizen Graduate
Applications are now open for the fully subsidised (free) scholarships for the Semester 2, 2022 Project Global Citizen Scholarship Program (PGC). If you are interested in applying of this program please complete the online PGC Application form and Cultural Quiz form. To be eligible for future Study Sunshine Coast PGC programs, you must:
- Be an international or domestic student aged 18 years or above and currently studying in an institution located on the Sunshine Coast.
- Commit to attending a three hour interactive online workshop on Tuesday 16th August from 4pm to 7pm and completing a series of online activities by Friday 4th November 2022.
- Attend four online workshops on Tuesday 30th August, Tuesday 13th September, Tuesday 4th October and Tuesday 25th October, all from 6pm to 7pm.
- Complete the online Application form and undertake a short online Project Global Citizen Cultural Quiz.
How you can become a Global Citizen
Become a Global Citizen– Applications are now open for the Semester 2, Program starting August 2022.
Improve your employability and career skills no matter where in the world you want to work.
The program is highly sought after by students who earn a micro credential upon graduating the course.
“A true insight into my cultural awareness with the ability to learn and grow.” Karin Littleton, Project Global Citizen Scholar 2022