Some industries — from government services to pizza delivery — are hiring to meet coronavirus-related demand. The three industries most likely to be hiring right now are IT, healthcare, and finance, according to LinkedIn data. Below is an amazing list of companies currently hiring staff right across Australia*.
- Datacom is hiring more than 1,000 peopleacross Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Canberra.
- Defence Force Recruiting is hiring 50 specialty rolesacross the country.
- Airwallex is hiring 15 peoplein Melbourne.
- Macquarie Telecom Group is hiring 30 peoplein Sydney and Canberra.
- Serco is hiring 1,500 peopleacross Australia.
- Centrelink is hiring 5000 additional workersto help clear the queues which made national headlines.
- Woolworths is hiring 20,000 peopleacross Australia.
- Services Australia is hiring 5,000 people.
- Domino’s is hiring 2,000 deliverydrivers across the country.
- The NSW Government is hiring 1,000 peoplein the state.
- Coles is hiring more than 5,000 casual staffacross the country.
- BHP will hire 1,500 peopleacross the country.
- Telstra is hiringmore than 1,000 people across the country.
- ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott told LinkedIn Live the bank is hiring now.
- Mask manufacturer Med-Con is hiring 40 peoplein Victoria.
- Australians are also finding jobs across the country by asking farmers for work.
*Data source – LinkedIn Australia.