It is not too late for Year 9 to 12 Sunshine Coast students to submit an entry for the 2023 Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards. Entries will close next Thursday 11:59pm, April 27th .
Sunshine Coast students have the opportunity to create, innovate and collaborate by bringing their creative idea or business solution to life, whether that’s a new products or app, or an innovative solution! Whatever the ideas we’d love to hear them and if they become finalists we will connect them with an industry mentor that specialises in the area of that concept to help bring that concept to life.
There is over $10,000 in prizes up for grabs including a personal mentor start-up incubator experience and it’s an amazing way to showcase on their resumes transferrable soft skills that we know are so critical for their future careers, including presenting, team work, critical thinking, problem solving and empathy for their target audience.
There has been some amazing ideas coming through already around infrastructure and the environment and we are so excited for students to have their voice on what matters to them and the creative solutions they can see to overcome challenges and maximise opportunities.
Please find below further information about the 2023 MTIA:
- Learn more about the Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards video – watch now
- Download the entry form attached
- Download the School Handbook here
- Complete the Parental Consent Form attached
- 2023 MTIA Flyer – view here
- Learn more about how you can embed the MTIA into your high school curriculum like Suncoast Christian College did in 2022 – watch now
- For further updates about the 2023 MTIA go – https://www.studysunshinecoast.com.au/mayors-telstra-innovation-awards-2023/
The 2023 MTIA will be proudly brought to you by Study Sunshine Coast (SSC), Sunshine Coast Council and Telstra.
Mayor Mark Jamieson and his judging team will select our finalists for 2023, which will be announced on Friday 5th May 2023.
A reminder to students to complete their entries ready for Phase One deadline Thursday 11:59pm April 27th.