Scholarship applications are now open for Sunshine Coast students to apply for the Project Global Citizen cultural competency accelerator program, a professional and personal development course to improve the global employability of both international and domestic students.
As part of the Student Employability Program, Study Sunshine Coast is pleased to offer these scholarships. Study Sunshine Coast Program Manager, Marina Murray said “we have been looking at programs to support our local students to better improve their leadership, negotiation and communication skills. The Project Global Citizen Program will help students develop cross-cultural skills to improve employability, no matter where in the world they want to work.”
- Study Sunshine Coast is offering a limited number of fully subsidised scholarships which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Project Global Citizen Scholars undertake an 8-week blended learning program that radically improves their cultural competency skills for studying, living and working across cultures as a truly global citizen.
- Project Global Citizen graduates are certified with a micro credential they can use in their CVs and LinkedIn profiles
- Program commences with a 1/2 day workshop on Wednesday 4th March 2020.
- As an active participant you’ll be invited to share your knowledge and ideas with Scholars from different cultural backgrounds and collaborate in co-design exercises to build your transferable skills for working in Australia and around the world.
“The number one skill every 21st century manager needs is Cultural Intelligence – the ability to successfully work across cultures.” Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb 2012 issue.
“Culture is the missing link in relation to international students thriving and surviving in their academic learning, social integration, employability and safety.” Project Global Citizen.
Hurry applications close 5pm 26th February 2020. Apply before these scholarships are taken.
As part of the Student Employability Program, Study Sunshine Coast is also offering a series of free student Employability Workshops starting in February through to March. Find out further details and register here.